Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Cousin Time, Party Time!

So I am excited that I FOOLED some of you with my April Fool's post, pathetic, I know. But, I was so proud of myself! Although there is a partial truth to the post. Layne did get a new job with Silver Creek Construction. But, he is not opening up a chapter of the business in NY, but in AZ. We feel so blessed for the new opportunity!!!

Amy, & Grant & the kids flew in to town this past week. George took all the BROTHERS to 3 March Madness BASKETBALL games...then Grant had to fly back home for work after the weekend was over (sad face). But, Amy & the kids stayed for 2 weeks. Time FLEW way too fast while they were here! It was one giant PARTY every day.

My kids were so excited to see their COUSINS. I heard the aerosol hairspray can going crazy before Conner & Noah were coming over to SPEND the NIGHT....I rushed in to the bathroom expecting to see hair spray all over the mirror....but my boys were COMBING their own hair. Don't you love the MOHAWKS??? (you should have seen the back of their heads)

They are so PROUD of their new DO's.
Caleb & Carter doing what they do best...wrestling.
Caleb sharing his cookies with Brody, waiting for the KNOCK at the door.
Finally, the cousins ARRIVED & Carter & Noah were a bit SHY. I tried to get them to HUG for the picture, this was as close as they got.
Then we took the BOYS to PETER PIPER PIZZA.
They warmed up to each other real fast. Caleb & Conner are best buds.

Layne & Brody
Conner & Caleb waiting to CLAIM their PRIZES(aka blue Nose glue?? that is now stuck to my living room floor).
Noah & Carter all out of tokens...but still having fun on the ride!

Another fun adventure with the cousins was going to Val Vista Lakes Club house...maybe next time I won't be HUGE and PREGO & then I can sport a swim suit.
Pretty Abby wasn't having any of the 'picture fun'.
Caleb & Conner loving life.
My boys had a blast with their cousins. Carter keeps asking "Where is Noah??". Poor guy, doesn't really understand. But, we can't wait until they come AGAIN!!!



16 comments:

Kyle said...

That looks like so much fun! Their mohawks are hillarious..cute boys!

Heather Jeppsen said...

I heard they were in town. When I called my mom, they were over there having family pictures taken.
They have 2 of those My Girlfriends Kitchens there. One in Gilbert and one in Chandler. You should try it. It's kind of nice. I wish they had more to choose from so I could do it every night!

Lisa said...

So fun! Cousins are the best. It sounds like you had a ton of fun. I love the cute story about the boys doing their hair!

The Cash Family said...

i am so jealous that you guys are swimming already!! its cold here still :( oh well, summer will be here one of these days right??!!

amberbuck said...

What would we do without family? I seriously feel bad for people who don't have any around. How fun to spend time in great company!

Flaherty Fam said...

Cousin time is the best. Your boys are so darn cute. I can't wait to see wich one your little girl will take after.

Tim and Amy said...

i'm not even going to tell tim that the guys got to go to some bball games! that is SO awesome!

congrats to layne... great work.

where are your prego pictures?!
i haven't seen a pic of you in forever!

Brad, Briene and Brayden said...

Congrats on the new job. Layne is going to do awesome!! Sounds like you had fun with the fam in town and the cousins just loved playing together.

Summer said...

Looks like fun! I can't believe you're swimming already--it snowed here yesterday. :( I love the boys' hair-dos, and Brody is getting so big! Tell Layne congratulations on the new job. Have you guys settled on a name for your little girl yet?

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

Good ole VVL club house brings back MANY MANY happy memories for a lot of Gilbert kids, including me! I'm glad that kids are still enjoying it! Great pictures!

chris+amber said...

Congrats on a new job! Your boys crack me up getting all "dolled up" for their cousins to come over. Looks like they had fun! I am due June 5th. Addi {my oldest} will turn 6 at the end of June. When are YOU due? Do you have a name yet for the babe yet?

Melis said...

Congrats on the new job opportunity! Wahoooo!

And gotta love cousins! ;) Too fun!

Steph said...

Congrats to Layne.. Katie we need to PARTY!! Caleb and Carter are so cute..doing their own hair..what sweethearts.. I am shocked that they didn't decide to do Brody's.. LOL!!!

Swirls of Happy said...

What a great time!!!!! I LOVE all the pics, your boys are just so cute :) Glad you guys had a nice time!!!! P.S. I need your email again to send you an invite: brittanyh@gmail.com. Thanks girlie!!!

Shelly said...

That's so funny that you tricked people on April Fools day! Congrats on the new job opportunity.

Stoddard Studios said...

Looks like so much fun. I love Caleb's smile. He's so cute. You should post some prego pictures. I doubt you're too big for a swimsuit.