Thursday, July 31, 2008

Elder Stauffer

My brother Scott has been gone on his MISSION for 1 full day now....lets see how many more to go??? Too many to count! Our family had a wonderful, busy, tear filled week. He gave a beautiful talk on the atonement on Sunday. Then we all got together for a big, family dinner. Lots of good food & good company. Oh by the way, SCOTT got called to the LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY mission. Amy & Grant live in Lexington (which is really close to Louisville), so it would be so fun if they ran in to him! Here are some pictures of my sweet bro: He is such a goof ball...but boy has he turned in to a handsome young man!!
Caleb & his favorite Uncle(for the time being)
I can't believe Brinkley will be 2 when he gets back! Sorry no pictures of Scott & Carter...Carter wasn't cooperating...funny how kids do that!
Scott leaving the airport.
My parents & Scotty-boy
Scott entering the MTC
I will miss Scott so much....I am so proud of him!!!

12 comments:

Amy said...

So excited for him!! LExington is actually in the Louisville mission so we are hoping he will serve in our ward at some point!!! xoxo

Carlie said...

katie- wow. i cant believe that we are old enough to have our younger bros out on missions. Bryce thompson comes home in january. crazy. hey, not sure if you changed my blog address or not. or even got the memo, i did change my blog address again. it's
thebrosemannclan.blogspot.com
oops, i coulda checked it before i left the comment. oh well. i know he'll be a great missionary. good luck to him.

Amy said...

leeloublogs is where I found my new layout...xoxo

Grant said...

We are excited to have him in the KY! Obviously a great young man whose been born of goodly (awesome) parents!

Hopefully he will quickly have the opportunity to serve in the Pioneer ward...I hear the bishop over there is a HUGE stud!

The Haslam Family said...

OHhh Little Scott... I didnt even get over to say bye!!! He is so cute. He will be an excellant missionary. Cass said Brinkly (sp?) is cute. Said she is a total Brody. Cant wait to see her.

Amy F. said...

Bitter sweet when they leave, for sure. Good for him! Two years does seem like a really long time, but hopefully it will fly by.
Brinkley is getting so big! Can't wait to see her tomorrow on her special day!

jenny said...

I am so excited for him! He is going to be such a great missionary! I hope it goes by fast!!

Shelly said...

That is great for your little bro! He looks just like you.

Stewart and Julie Jensen said...

We will all miss him so much. He is going to be awesome though. Go on to my blog site and look at Krysta's blog. SHe is updating alot better than me these days.
JEwels

Missy said...

I will have 2 missionaries out in the next 7-9 years...crazy. I can't even imagine that because when my big bro left on his mission, I bawled the entire time he was gone. It's so hard to say goodbye, but it's such a great experience for them.

More pics of the baby please!

Lisa said...

How exciting! What a great example for your boys. If you go to visit Amy and Grant you'll be right there, maybe you could get permission to take him to lunch.:)

the cummard family said...

now we just need to find a way to get garrett to go....lol.

so proud of scott...he's such a cutie.