Monday, February 25, 2008

Happy Birthday x4

February has been a busy month for us....we have had 4 birthdays all within 1 week! Happy Birthday to Aunt Amy, Conner & Abby! Conner just turned 8 & was baptized & we were so sad we couldn't make it....our cousins live in Kentucky(yee-haw or shall I say brrrrrr) & we miss them a ton!! They are the funnest ever!
My mom's birthday is today!!! Happy 35th b-day mom!!! Layne always laughs at me because I never know how old my mom really is....she likes to fib...but I think she is a pretty good lookin' 35 year old! I never fully appreciated & realized how much my mother did for me, until I became a mom. With everyday that passes....I am more at awe of the sacrifices she made for me...because being a mom myself, I can now realize them a little bit more. Here are some of the many reasons why I love my mama:
*She is SO crafty & creative!!*
*She loves to spend time with her grand kids & is a wonderful grandma!*
*She has a MAJOR sweet tooth, she especially loves snaps, cinnamon bears & Diet Coke(w/vanilla).*
*She will do anything for anybody, at any time, even if she is super busy*
*Nothing ruffles her feathers*
*She is very thrifty & is the best coupon shopper I know*
*She is the best cooker & baker, Layne would prefer her meals any day over mine*
*She is very positive & fun to be around*
Enjoy your day mom, I LOVE YOU!!!

11 comments:

jenny said...

Hey Katie, your mom is a great mom! She looks great too. Give her a big hug and kiss for me, I'll see you all in 3 weeks baby!!

Mindful Mothering said...

So good to really appreciate all our moms did and still do for us:-) Sounds like a great mama... Happy Birthday!

Amy said...

Thanks Katie! We love you too! Can't wait to see you next month!! xoxo-Amy

Steph said...

Oh Katie.. LOL I remember when you and Layne first got married.. mom would make stuff just for Layne.. do you remember..she would make him, his own desert because he didn't like chocolate!! Mom is the best!

Andrea said...

Wow, Feb. is a busy month for you guys! Happy Birthday to everyone!! I'm glad we did Mom's birthday tonight and that we got out of our houses for a little bit! Dinner was gooood...thanks girl! ANd the dessert was amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Katie, every thing you said about me can be said about you and your sisters. We are all very blessed to have each other. This was the BEST birhtday ever, only way it could of been better is if Brodemister and Layne had been there. Thanks for all you do for me! Love ya tons, mom

Stoddard Studios said...

wow, your mom sounds a lot like my mom. lol.

Brooklyn said...

Such a sweet post. Momma are the best! I agree with you too, you never really realize all the sacrifice being a mom entails until you become one :) Happy Birthday. ps, your brothers trim work is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Swirls of Happy said...

What sweet post for your Mom!!!! Happy Birthday :) P.S. I like her Diet Coke with Vanilla idea...I will have to try that!

MichelleY said...

Sounds like February is a crazy month for you guys too! Your mom is so nice - what a sweet post.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Happy Bday to all of them! Can you send me your new address?? Kathryn didn't have it and I am sending out baby shower invites!