Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Brinkley's Room

So I thought I'd better do a new post...I was getting sick of looking at my stitches!! My friend Barbie & I have been busying decorating. Here are some pics of Brinkley's room...and yes we finally decided on a name...BRINKLEY PETERSON!! Yepppeeee! (no middle name was Layne's only request) Here is my absolute fav diaper bag...I even got it off e-bay! I LOVE good deals!
Here is Brinkley's cute bedding. I still need to get a green crib sheet. I LOVE how it turned out!
Layne's cousin, Jeffery came over & installed the cute chandelier that Barbie found on clearance at Home Depot. I got the crib off Craigslist-$30.00 & the dresser for $50.00.

I am still waiting for my brand new Pottery Barn Rocking Chair to arrive....haha in my dreams!!
This picture is the before picture of Brody's room.
And here is the after...let me tell you I HATE those 3 little windows. They face towards the east, so guess who wakes up at 4:00 am every morning when the sun comes up? I wanted to put some tin foil up there, but Layne wouldn't let me....lol!


So my body is SO READY for Brinkley to arrive....I am totally worn out, swollen, and carrying BRODY up and down the stairs makes my knees burn! I am really scared to have two so close together, but I know if I can get through the first month, we will be okay! My visiting teachers came over the other day & I totally had a break down...talk about embarrassing!!! I wasn't even sure why I was crying....those sweet ladies didn't know what to do...man these hormones are brutal. But hopefully I only have two more weeks....cross your fingers for me!!
Scott should be getting his mission call in the next couple of days...I'll keep you posted. WOHOOOO!!



14 comments:

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

sooooo cute!! I love it! when we have kids I am calling you to come help me. and I love the bedding. so different and so cute!

Tim and Amy said...

i have good timing in checking your blog! love the bag and BOTH rooms are adorable! okay. i absolutely LOVE the name you picked out! wahoo! crossing my fingers that she will be on time or early!

Unknown said...

Looks like someone is having FUN with the girl thing..that diaper bag is adorable. I LOVE it! And yeah the room too...you are quite talented!

Im dying tho...that name you guys chose..TOO CUTE! MY sister decided years ago that when she had her "girl" her name would be Brinkley. So cute...but sooo funny. She would just die. LOL (she loved that it was so original). Good taste in names...can't wait to see what she looks like.

Heather Jeppsen said...

Yay for 2 more weeks! Good luck. I look forward to pics of her. Cute room. You always seem to find good deals on Craigslist or other places. Get some red curtains for Brody's room and put them up there. You can buy paper shades at Home Depot for about $10 or so dollars and cut them to fit and then put curtains over that. We did that in Chase's room and it's pitch black in there. The darker the curtains, the darker the room.

Stoddard Studios said...

OK, love the name you have picked out! SOOOO cute! And what a cute room. You did an amazing job....and for so cheap. Love it

that's cool you're looking for someone who also wants pictures done. When you find them, let me know. We should get some maternity shots of you before the baby comes and then some newborn shots of you and your baby right after she's born. I would do both of those two things for you for $50. I haven't done any of those kinds of shoots yet and would love to. Let me know what you think

MichelleY said...

Your little girl's room is beautiful! You are such a good decorator. Good luck with the two babies. Hopefully time will pass quickly for you:)

Lisa said...

Very cute!!! I love both rooms. I need you to come help me. YOu always decorate soooo cute!! I love the name too. So cute.

Kyle said...

Brinkley's room is so adorable...Love the name!

Chance and Sarah said...

Cute rooms. I love to bargain shop. Craiglist is my favorite site right now. I think I'm addicted. I find everything on it. If you are patient and are willing to wait you can find really good deals. Looks like you are all set for the girl, Donnie told me about it and I was so excited for you. You deserve a girl after all those boys.

Andrea said...

Love her room and love the name!!! Her room is sooo cute! Can she come now so that we can meet this little angel?

jenny said...

Katie, her room turned out sooo cute! I love her name..Brinkley! That is so dang cute! You are going to be fine, just take it one day at a time. You are going to have so much fun with a little girl!! I am so excited for you!

Shiloh McKinnon said...

OK so can you come and do my girls rooms?? I love the name too! This part of the pregnancy always seems to take the longest. So close but not there yet and so done!

Carlie said...

wow. her room is sooooo cute. i love finding great deals like that.

Shelly said...

The rooms look gorgeous! Way to go on the Craigslist finds....I love Craigslist.

I think Brinkley is such a unique and darling name.