Saturday, December 13, 2008

Neighbor Goodies

Our mission: Making goodies for the neighbors
I wanted to make some treats for my neighbors. I wanted to get them out early, before every one was all sugared out. Sooooo....I made this EASY, YUMMY recipe my friend Natalie gave me. The best part is it looks like you put a lot of work in to them but they are so simple(shhh don't tell my neighbors). See the recipe below:
OUR WEAPON:
Chocolate Mint Cookies
2 chocolate cake mixes
1 brownie mix
3 eggs
3/4 c oil
3/4 c water
Combine the above ingredients. Roll in to balls & cook at 350 for 12-15 minutes. When cookies come out of oven place an Andes mint on top. Wait a minute until mint melts, then spread mint around. Makes 60 plus cookies.
If you LOVE Andes mints you will LOVE these cookies! yumm... I wish I had saved a plate for me...they are so fudgy & chocolatey!

Then Carter and I assembled them on Christmas plates and I of course had to add some more chocolate.

Carter insisted we tie the plates with a pretty ribbon. He found my big bag of ribbon & has been obsessed with it ever since. He is my decorator, who knew? He also let me borrow his finger every time I made a bow.

We made about 15 plates full of cookies.
The transportation of choice: Papa George's tractor & hay ride
We have been keeping the hay ride at our house until Papa needs it & the kids have been in HEAVEN.

Brody doesn't like me very much these days...he is COMPLETELY a daddy's boy. I call him Layne's little shadow. Do you see the looks he gives me when I come around? Now I have proof....I feel so loved! Some day he will forgive me for having another baby!

Here's my little elves & all the goodies...Caleb looks a little cross eyed...yikes!



Look at the cotton candy sky, so pretty!! I could just eat it up, I love Az sunsets!


18 comments:

Amy said...

HOw fun to have the tractor to deliver!! The plates look awesome! I am stealing your recipe! the kids and I were just looking up cookie recipes to make for our LONG Sunday afternoon. Now we have one!! We love you guys!!! xoxo

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

Those cookies look delicious! I might have to just try that recipe. and I love the tractor.

Summer said...

I love your new family pictures. And I LOVE Andes mints, so I am definitely going to try your recipe--thanks for sharing it!

Steph said...

Yummm!! I loves those cookies... where is my plate?? I can seriously eat tons!! You sure got moms touch when it comes to making plates look cute!! That photo of Layne and Brinkley is too cute!

Kyle said...

Okay, I have been wanting this recipe for YEARS! Natalie always said they were easy, but I didn't know how easy! Yea! Now I am going to have to make cookies!

I love the hayride...my boys would be in HEAVEN!

The Cash Family said...

i love andes mints, i am going to to give this a shot! thanks

Swirls of Happy said...

You are so cute!!! I wish I was your nieghbor....Yummy!!!

Mel said...

I have a recipe similar to those cookies and they are so yummy!! We have to make them every year! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Amy F. said...

How sweet (literally ;)! So yummy. Still, that is a lot of work, but it looked like a lot of fun too.
Okay, Brody loves his Mommy!! Watch, if he didn't see you for a whole day he would totally miss you! Besides, he will be so glad to have Brinks as his little buddy!!
Too cute you guys!

Mindful Mothering said...

Wow, those look so yummy... too bad we don't live closer:-) Your family pics are great!

Jenny Grover said...

My Katie where have u been? Call me....we need to get together girl! Ur fam is so cute! U are just the sweetiest person ever.....except where are my cookies?lol Call me McVadie!!!

Debbie said...

The cookies look SO good. I am totally going to make them...thanks for the recipe! Okay so by the way, Logan does NOT have an ear infection!! Can you believe it? I was dying. Hopefully whatever he has will clear up soon so we can all get more sleep. How did it go with Brinkley?

Flaherty Fam said...

You are such a great baker! I love the tractor...how fun. Brinkley is getting so big.

Unknown said...

boy do I wish I was one of your neighbors right about now...YUM! love the ribbons on the plate. you are too cute. and such cute family pics...LOVE them! You look great!

Unknown said...

and how on earth do you bake all of that and not eat any...i am not that strong!! way to go girlee

jenny said...

Katie, those look soo good, I wish I was one of your neighboors! I love the last picture with the beautiful sky! I miss AZ. WE are freezing here!!! Have a wonderful Christmas, I love you!

amberbuck said...

Yummmy! what a great and easy recipe. You are such a good neighbor, where's my plate? j/k I always say I'm going to do something for the neighbors and I never do...I think I really will this year! I'm dying at the tractor and hay ride. Classic, it's the best one I've seen so far.

Riley and Brooke Nelson said...

Yummy I wish I lived by you. =) I am going to have to try and make them.