Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Oatmeal Pancakes


I love breakfast so I thought I would share one of our favorite breakfast recipes. We make it every Sunday. It takes some preparation, but it is totally worth it!
Mix & chill overnight:
2 c. oats
2 c. buttermilk

In the morning add:
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 c. melted butter (cooled)
2 T. sugar
1 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1 T. cinnamon
1 t. salt
Add more buttermilk if needed then scoop 1/4 c batter on to hot griddle & serve with buttermilk syrup. (recipe follows)
1 cube butter
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. buttermilk
Bring butter, sugar & milk to a slow boil & boil 1 minute. Take off heat & add 1 t. vanilla & 1/2 t. baking soda. Be careful & keep stirring so it doesn't boil over. Stores in fridge for 1 month.

8 comments:

See it Try it Love it said...

Yummy that sounds sooo good. I love breakfast it is definitely my favorite meal of the day. I am going to try this on Sunday, since Stephen loved buttermilk syrup. He pretty much only eats pancakes and waffles if I make syrup, if I dont he will just eat cereal. Thanks I love recipes

Andrea said...

That picture looks sooo good! I don't think it will look like that if I make them!! LOL! So, when am I coming over for breakfast? LOL

Steph said...

When you make some this Sunday- Rob and I will be waiting for ours to be delivered. And can you add some strawberries on the side. That would be great! Thanks!! LOL

Julie Jan said...

Sounds yummy!! Do you have any other great recipes??

jenny said...

Hey katie, your blog is so cute, I am going to do one soon. that recipe sounds so dang good. I am going to make it. I never knew you were such a betty crocker. LOL Have a great weekend! love ya, Jenny

Andrea said...

Katie...we made these this morning for breakfast and Mmmmnnn is all I can say! Awesome recipe! I give it 5 stars!! Jenny, I can't wait to see your blog...hope you are doing well!

The Haslam Family said...

K I'm taking a leap of faith here and since everyone else so far has liked them I'm going to try it. I know how pregnant people are with thier tastes. (: jk NO.. I love oatmeal I eat it every morning. I'm going to try it. Thanks Teresa Haslam

The Haslam Family said...

Ok so we tried it on Sunday I had my mother in law and my sister in law over for breakfast and we all loved it. Thanks for sharing it. I can't wait to try another one you post.