Saturday, May 26, 2007

I'm still alive!

Okay its been weeks since I have updated, these past two weeks have been CRAZY! I have definitely been a zombie, living off of just three hours of sleep. Newborns are alot of hard work, but it is a good thing Brody is so cute! I got really sick, (mastitis) but finally I am feeling like I can actually be a mom of three little boys. I decided to stop nursing, which I still feel bad about, but it just wasn't happening.



This morning Layne went and rode his dirt bike, so when Carter woke up at 5:50 am, I got him some breakfast, turned on a movie & went back to bed. The next thing I know, George (my father-in-law) is at my door to pick the kids up. But I couldn't find the kids ANYWHERE! I started to panic & called Layne in tears, I was really scared. They weren't inside the house, or out back, or out front. So George walked down the street & found my two sweet boys in their pj's, with no shoes on, playing at the neighbors house. I was so mad & embarrassed!!! My sisters sure thought it was funny, maybe some day I will look back and laugh. BUT for now I am feeling like the worst mom ever! I don't know how they got outside because I swear I locked the front door last night!!

7 comments:

amberbuck said...

Oh Katie batie, you make me laugh. Don't worry my old lady neighbor had to come knock on my door with maggie because she had gotten out and was 2 houses down and I had no idea! It was so embarrassing so don't feel bad, we all do it.

Missy said...

Well, don't feel bad, my neighbor had to bring a child to me once, but the sad thing is...it was one of the "cousins" I was babysitting. Still can't name names just in case the child's mother reads this!!! Terrible. But I would be glad to watch any of your kids anytime...your'e like, ya right!!! Glad to know your doing good. Your baby boy is so handsome, did your other boys have dark hair like that? They are going to keep you on your toes, that's for sure!

Linz said...

Dont feel bad Katie....it happens to just about every mom I know! You just joined the club!

Britney said...

Yep, happend to me too...except my kids were at the park across the street and my neighbor came over to see if I knew my kids were there...haha. You will look back at it and think its funny!

Julie Jan said...

This is my fear..and I am sure it will happen sometime soon. You poor thing! I live so much closer to you now. Do you need anything? Can I watch your kids for you?

Suzy Cummard said...

I guess I am in the club too. Lance & I have lost Ellie at 2 receptions now. It is driving us nuts! I am so embarrased & I just feel like crying the longer they are missing, cause moms imagine the worst.
About your infection, I am so sorry!! I was hospitalized for 1 week from this. I know how bad it is. Don't feel down on yourself. It is not your fault & you are not a bad mom if you can not nurse. I hope you are feel better QUICK!

Tim and Amy said...

awww katie. you are adorable. i really hope you are feeling better soon. your boys are adorable! thats so nice that george took the kids for the day! hope you are getting a little more sleep... take care of yourself!