Sunday, August 12, 2007

Newport Beach 2007

OH its so HARD to come home to 'real life' after a vacation. Its like I need a vacation from my vacation(poor me...I know, I know)....we had a BLAST in Newport! I sure wish Grant, Amy & their kids lived by us. They live far away in KY. My kids just LOVED playing with their cousins. It was so cute because Carter & Noah kept saying, "Where did my fwend go?" when they couldn't find each other. The kids played at the beach all day long- those sand crabs kept them entertained for hours. Why can't sand crabs live in my backyard??...sure would be nice. The kids didn't take naps because we couldn't tear them away from the beach. Instead we put them to bed early. Grant got us all hooked on the show "Heroes", we stayed up every night watching all the episodes.





We ate at some yummy places, Sprinkles, Roy's(my fav restaurant for now), The Rusty Pelican, and Chronic Tacos.
We also took the kids to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Longbeach & they loved seeing all the fish!

THANK YOU George & Kathryn for another fun trip!! I also have to give a shout out to my sister-in-law, Amy, who stayed home with baby Sam. The trip wasn't the same with out you! We missed seeing your blue Highland High jammy shirt....you will have to bring it next year...go Hawks!(but don't worry Jackrabbits always outrun the Hawks)






12 comments:

Julie Jan said...

I totally hear you on the needing a vacation after the vacation. I am the same way. But it is always so fun to get away with the family for an entire week. I absolutely love Caleb's cheesy smile. Your kids are adorable as are you!

Britney said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time!! It really does suck to have to come back to real life after a vacation!! Hope you guys adjust to "real life" soon haha.

Stoddard Studios said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. You're kids are all so cute! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I get to go on vacation in a few days. Can't wait. When I get back I'll probably need a vacation after the vacation too. :)

Andrea said...

It looks like you guys had sooo much fun. Your hair sure looks cute! I wish I could have went on vacation too!

Andrea said...

I meant to say too that Kathryn is soo pretty!

Cassie said...

What a fun vacation. It's always nice to go to the beach during the summer, it makes summer official. Your new baby is adorable.

See it Try it Love it said...

Looks like you had so much fun. What flavors did you get at Sprinkles? Also don't you love Chronic, Yum! You look so cute all the time, as do your boys.

Tim and Amy said...

you are gorgeous! love all those pics. looks like everyone had fun!

what a cute fam you & layne have.
ciao,
amy

Missy said...

Katie, you look so flippin cute in these pics. And feel free to take a vacation from a vacation...I still am, even though I got home at the end of July...I really need a better excuse now. It is so hard to leave the beach, looks like you and your fam really had a good time!

The Owens said...

Oh how I am sooooo jealous! California was out for us this summer because I am so close to my due date.... It's really sad, no vacations at all really this summer, guess we will have to make up for it. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun and those pictures are SO cute!

amberbuck said...

okay, you look gorgeous in all the pictures which doesn't suprise me and it's so funny because we ate at Roy's, Sprinkles, and Chronic taco as well! It sounds and looks like you had so much needed and deserved fun! Love ya girl.

Suzy Cummard said...

Glad to hear you liked the food!
You are a model & your fam is the cutest family ever!!