Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sprinkles

So I am sitting here enjoying my peace & quiet....all 3 of my kids are in BED & ASLEEP(key word here) & it is only 8:00 pm! Never, hardly ever does this happen at our house. Layne is working late tonight, so I will bask in the glory of doing it all by myself. As I am sitting here lounging in my computer chair with nothing to do (ha-ha) I can't help but think about CUPCAKES(of course deserts are always on my mind, lol). I have been craving Sprinkles, a yummy cupcake bakery Oprah made famous. Well, do you know they sale boxes of their cupcake mix? I thought what a great Christmas present for all my friends....until I found out it was $14.00 a box, ouch! (sorry guys).

Here is the next best thing, their chocolate frosting recipe. Make them for yourself & you will love the frosting! Or if you need an excuse make them for a friend, or the ladies your VT. Yum!!

Sprinkles chocolate frosting:
6 oz. butter
pinch of salt
2 1/2 c. confectioner's sugar, sifted
1/4 tea. vanilla extract
3 oz. bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled

Beat butter and salt in stand mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed, gradually add the sugar, until incorporated, stopping the mixer to occasionally scrape the sides of the bowl. Add the vanilla and chocolate, mix until combined, careful not to over mix and incorporate too much air.

If you are not the chocolate type (like my hubby, how did I marry a guy who doesn't like chocolate??) here is the cream cheese recipe.

8 oz cream cheese
4 oz butter
3 3/4 c. confectioner's sugar, sifted
1/2 tea. vanilla extract
1/8 tea. salt

Cream the butter, cheese and salt in a stand mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add the sugar until incorporated, then add the vanilla.

13 comments:

the cummard family said...

Shut the heck up....how did you get your hands on those recipies! I'm not much of a choco lover myself, but I did love their white frosting....where could I find that recipie? (am I spelling recipie wrong...it looks funny?)

Britney said...

Oh yum!! Ok so ive never had one of those cupcakes so I think I need to take a trip to Cali just for that!! I think ill make cupcakes with both of those frostings today...thanks Katie!!

Stoddard Studios said...

Wow, those look yummy. You should not show a pregnent lady something like that! Now I'm craving it. I'll have to go make them. They look SO good. Thanks!

Missy said...

Nice Katie...I am drooling. I eat cakes by the whole...just ask Mark. Icing and cake/cupcakes are my fave. I will have to try this out!

Ashley (Belnap) Whiting said...

K so I have never had Sprinkles so I cant wait til' they open the new store in Scottsdale! Thanks for the recipe, it sounds delicious!!

Katie Peterson said...

Sprinkles gives you the frosting recipe when you buy the box of cupcakes. I found the white frosting recipe, I'll post it later, I am too lazy right now, lol!

Carlie said...

that frosting recipe sounds delish. I can't wait till I make some. I think I just might have to make some today. Thanks

Cassie said...

Mmmm... cup cakes. This will be a useful recipe to keep. Thanks for posting, oh and my sis Amanda will be in town today and tomorrow. She is living in Colorado right now in a little town called Breckenridge.

Megan said...

I'm sad I haven't had the pleasure of tasting these cupcakes...but I hear they are TO DIE FOR! Maybe I will make them the next time I host Bunco! Thanks!

amberbuck said...

A: how in the world did you get the recipe for their frosting? It is the best part about the cupcake! B: did you try making it and does it taste the same? You know amber loves cupcakes, in fact I just might make some right now!

Linz said...

HEAVEN! I live for the day when Owen will nap for longer than 20 minutes! I cant imagine how much harder it will be with three!! You have to get in those cupcakes when you can! YUM!

jenny said...

Katie, I L.O.V.E. you, I love sprinkles cupcakes!! Jana made them today and said the frosting is to DIE for! Carter is soo cute. I am glad you had such a great time in Cal. Thanks for the recipe. Your the best!

Anonymous said...

did you steal this post from another blog? I saw the same images from another blog back in january