Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter & yes another b-day post (sorry!)

Today was Easter & boy am I exhausted! Layne went out of town for business this afternoon, so I had to get all 3 boys ready for 3:00 pm church, by myself. I now have a new found respect for Bishop's wife's that have to do this every Sunday!! Of course I wanted to take a pic of the boys dressed up in their new Easter clothes, but it didn't happen. We were running late, but only by 5 minutes(it could have been worse). My mom surprised me & showed up for our Sacrament meeting to help me. (thanks mom!) Shes a life saver!!! None of my boys had naps today.....so lets just say it was a L O N G day at church! But we had a wonderful Easter dinner at the Peterson's & I can't wait until next year, when I will be more prepared, so I can really focus on what the true meaning of Easter is!




Okay....one last birthday post for the month of March.....March is one busy month!! I have to give a shout out to one of my BFF's, DONNIE FLAHERTY!! Happy Birthday girl, she turns 26 today!! Here are some of the reasons why I love Donnie:

*She is so fun to hang out with. She doesn't take herself too seriously & I always have a good laugh (usually about old HS days) when I am with her*

*She has been through alot in her life, but is always super POSITIVE. She has not let life get her down and she is a wonderful example to me of some one who lives her life by the Spirit.*

*She is very DRIVEN! When she gets something in her mind that she wants to do, she will get it done & not let anything stop her!*

*She is very FASHIONABLE...I don't think I have ever seen her wear the same outfit twice...she has a great sense of style.*

*She is very ATHLETIC!! She goes to the gym every morning, (really early) & runs alot of miles on the treadmill. When we were in HS, we would go running together & she would always be like 3 feet ahead of me (sometimes more), I could never keep up...must be those model, long legs!!*

*She is beautiful on the INSIDE & OUT. In HS all the boys LOVED Donnie, me...not so much!! *

*She has always been really good at calling every so often when we have not talked in awhile. Something that I totally fall short of!! Thanks for being a wonderful friend to me girl, have a wonderful day!!!!**

10 comments:

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

What a nice tribute! Happy birthday Donnie!

Kyle said...

Why is Layne out of town? Doesn't he know you are pregnant and its Easter? just kidding...but not really! I am glad your mom saved you!

Flaherty Fam said...

That was so sweet, Katie. Thanks for the wonderful words...you were definately too kind. I will have to disagree about "all the boys loving me". In fact, I can recall countless times where guys would tell me that you were their dream girl. I don't blame them...that's why you were my best friend (not just beautiful on the outside, but because you were a great friend and always made me feel so good about myself.) I hope Layne knows how lucky he is and how many guys envy him. Thanks for being the greatest!!

Andrea said...

What a sweet tribute to Donnie Happy Birthday Donnie!! Your Sunday sounded crazy. Good thing Mom showed up to lend a helping hand. I bet you were so relived!!

amberbuck said...

Donnie, I hope you had an extra special birthday since you were able to share it on Easter Sunday! I knew your b-day was either the 23rd or 24th so I'm glad Katie is such an awesome friend and did a birthday post. I hope you had a wonderful day!

Brad, Briene and Brayden said...

What a cute idea to have the leprechaun visit with clues to the pot of gold. I will have to remember this for Brayden in a few years. You are to clever.

the cummard family said...

your mom really is the best....or the next best. my mom might win by a hair ;) how sweet and thoughtful is she to show up to your ward. doesn't it make you wonder how all the single mom's do it. you're a great mom, and just think how much fun all those boys are going to have growing up so close in age.

chris+amber said...

Oh...I remember those days when Chris travelled for business. It's so hard! How nice of your mom to surprise you at church! Happy birthday to Donnie! I've always thought she was so pretty! And I must agree with her that all the guys in HS loved you TOO...don't be too modest. :o)

Carlie said...

hey, could you send me your address, please? I am sending out my jewlery party invitations and have one for you, I just dont have your address, thanks. carlies2boyz@yahoo.com

Hansen Fam said...

I know I am so late, but Happy Birthday Donnie! I agree with everything you said about her!! She is such a sweet person and I too have never seen her wear the same thing twice.