Friday, March 21, 2008

Pot of Gold

This year, a leprechaun visited our house! He turned the milk green at dinner & also the casserole. Carter was not to sure about his green food & was kind of scared the leprechaun was still in our house. He did not eat his dinner for like 2 hours because he wasn't sure about the 'green stuff'. After dinner, the leprechaun rang the door bell & sent us on a scavenger hunt. Caleb said he saw mommy ring the door bell (darn that leprechaun must have a helper that looks JUST like mom)! Here's what the 4 leaf clover said:

A nice little leprechaun has come to your house,
Do these special chores as quiet as a mouse
Then maybe you will find the little leprechaun's GOLD,

And you will have treasure & wealth & candy to hold!
Then the boys had to pick up the towels off the laundry room floor & put them in the laundry basket. Then they found their next clue.

Next clue:
The little green guy found a mess in Brody's room,
Clean up the toys to find your next clue
!


Then the next clue said:

Good Team Work!

This little leprechaun is no liar,

Next you have to fold the clothes in the dryer! And put them away too!(Score)

Daddy reading the clues while Brody tastes them, yum!

Caleb helping take the clothes out of the dryer.

Brody 'helping' with the clothes.

Next clue:
You almost caught him, Your last special chore
Is to pick up the shoes on the garage floor
And then you will find more.....

Then it had a clue telling them to look beside the fridge & taadaaa:

They found the leprechaun's POT OF GOLD! They were so excited, all night long all they wanted to talk about was the leprechaun.


Hopefully he will visit our house next year!!



19 comments:

Steph said...

That was the cutest post ever!! You are such a creative mom!! I love it.. I will be doing it for JD when he gets older. The boys are SO dang cute and getting SO big. I remember when mom use to do that stuff for us..so much fun!!! Remind me to tell you what you can do for the tooth fairy!!! Love ya!

Shiloh McKinnon said...

What a GREAT idea! I will have to do that next year!

Tim and Amy said...

LOVE IT! That is a fantastic idea! I wish a leprachaun would visit our house! Seriously Katie - that is such a fun idea! Get some chores done while doing it! SWEET! (Love that they saw 'mom')

Hope things are good in AZ!

Debbie said...

That is just so cute! It makes me excited for the day when I can do fun stuff like that with Logan. Good thing there are posts like yours though to give me these ideas- I am the least creative person ever!! Thanks for the idea- I will totally use it one day!:)

the cummard family said...

so cute katie! and the key word is LOOKING....cus I really still have like 20 lbs to lose. thank you though, you're sweet.

Sarah W. said...

I was just telling Jared that I am the worst mom ever, because I never get into St. Patty's day and wear green and all that. You are such a fun mom. I love Layne's face in the first picture, he looks more excited than the boys.

See it Try it Love it said...

Greatest Mom award on that one. I am definitely going to have to steal that for next year. Too fun.

Swirls of Happy said...

Love it!!!! You are such a good mama!!!! Brody is too cute, we really need to get him and Bentley together, they are the same age!

Terolleeq said...

That pot of Gold looked familar, just like the easter candy I bought...that was so cute. love ya mom

Flaherty Fam said...

That was so stinkin cute. What a fun mom you are! I will definately be stealin your fun ideas for when Bradock is older.

Lisa said...

Such a cute idea!! I though I was creative with green pancakes. You are such a great mom!!! I am going to remember this idea for next year!!

Kyle said...

Okay how cute are you??? That is the cutest thing I have ever heard! I am sooo doing that next year!

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

That is the cutest thing I've ever heard! I may have to steal that when I have kids. Also a good way to get some things done!!

amberbuck said...

What the heck kind of awesome mother are you!!! That was so cute and I think I'll have to copy you for next year. Maggie would have died! Too bad we were driving home from CO in a packed suburban! I need some of your creativity...bad.

Andrea said...

You are sooo creative!! You are the best Mom ever!! I am going to steal this idea next year! The "Pot of Gold" idea with clues is fabulous! Your boys look sooo cute helping with chores! What a great way to get them to help!! Gosh, they all are getting sooo big...especially Brody!! Where does the time go little Sis?

Carlie said...

so much fun. And what a good idea. YOu get the house clean and dont spend a lot of money on candy. I spent like $50 and have SOOOOOO much leftover, it'll prob last us a month or so. geez- I'm never buying candy again. Good idea on the leprechaun.

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

Thats hilarious that the boys were suspicious of green food...as they should be!!! Good for them! And what a cute idea! Whats genius about it is the kids had fun and they did housework!! BRAVO Katie, BRAVO!

Hansen Fam said...

Katie, you are so cute!! You have the best ideas and your boys must love that you are their mom!

Stoddard Studios said...

What a cute idea. I love it!