Saturday, September 22, 2007

Sunday, Sunday

(I stole this cute 'survey' off Shelly's blog, thanks girl!)


1. Where would you say your testimony is the strongest? Right now I would have to say in the area of prayer? I know Heavenly Father hears our prayers.
2. What do you struggle with the most (church related)? I have to pick just one?? ;-) I struggle with lots of little things, like finding the time to read my scriptures or going to Sunday School, lately I have been hanging out in the hall with Brody.
3. Do you have your food storage? Yes, we try to order a little bit every month. But of course I have A LOT of sugar, can't live with out that!
4. Do you have a favorite scripture? What is it? I really like this quote I read off of my friend Sarah's blog, it is so inspirational. Modern day revelation is just like scripture, right? You might have to read this one twice, I know I did!
The Spirit "quickens all the intellectual faculties, increases, enlarges, expands, and purifies all the natural passions and affections, and adapts them, by the gift of wisdom, to their lawful use. It inspires, develops, cultivates, and matures all the fine-toned sympathies, joys, tastes, kindred feelings, and affections of our nature. It inspires virtue, kindness, goodness, tenderness, gentleness, and charity. It develops beauty of person, form, and features. It tends to health, vigor, animation, and social feeling. It invigorates all the faculties of the physical and intellectual man. It strengthens and gives tone to the nerves. In short, it is, as it were, marrow to the bone, joy to the heart, light to the eyes, music to the ears, and life to the whole being." --Parley P Pratt
5. What is your favorite Church hymn? "I Need Thee Every Hour"
6. Do you have Any Sunday Traditions? Roast dinners & baking cookies, yum! And of course, gotta have that Sunday afternoon nap!
7. Do you have a Patriarchal Blessing? Yes, I got it in Junior High School & it helped guide my life A TON!
8. Do you believe in angels? Yes. I believe that a lot of us are angels to others & don't even realize it.
9. Do you like the ward you're in? Yes...I still feel like we are new, even though we have been here for about a year.
10. What callings have you had? Young Women's, primary, Sunday school teacher, Faith in God, Relief Society enrichment, pianist
11. What calling do you want? I have to want a calling, jk! I don't have a preference-any one that will help me grow.
12. What calling do you hold now? Faith in God, activity days with the 10 & 11 years olds, so FUN!
13. Who out of your friends do you get spiritually lifted from? I think at one time or another they all have uplifted me, that is why I LOVE my friends...but most recently Amber sent me a sweet e-mail which I totally needed! I know she followed the promptings of the HG-thanks girl!
14. Personally what do you need to work on with the church? I personally need to spend more time caring about what I look like on the "inside" as opposed to what I look like on the outside. There is so much emphasis & pressure on us women about what we look like. It is totally Satan...I need to spend more time becoming spiritually beautiful because that is what is really important.
15. Were you married/sealed in a temple... if so, which one? Mesa, Az on July 12, 2000 or was is 2001? (Layne is going to kill me) Okay it was 2001! He even proposed to me there on Mother's Day!
16. Do you have a favorite temple? I LOVE them all...of course, who wouldn't....but I went to the New York Temple with my in-laws & that was really cool! It was so QUIET inside even though outside the streets were so noisy....we have to go there again!

Copy & paste & fill in your own answers!

11 comments:

amberbuck said...

This is so cool, but I'm not blogging on Sunday so do I still have to do it? J/K. This is cool bc you can get a good sense of a persons personality by reading it...especially if they don't lie! I know you didn't and that's why I love you girl, thanks for the shout out!

Shelly said...

You even got the cute "Church Lady" picture too! That is an awesome quote...it does take a couple reads though.

The Owens said...

That's so cool thanks for sharing all of that Katie.. I especially like the one where you talked about getting more spiritually beautiful, I think I need to think about that more too, its just so true! Hey and thanks for all the comments, I love getting your comments, you make me feel good! Its been two weeks since I had Kenna and I am still hurting but its getting better and she is such a doll, being a mom to four is definately a challenge, but I love it! - LOVE YA GIRL

the cummard family said...

That was so fun to read Katie. Thanks for sharing that!

Missy said...

Katie...I have always loved you! Even when you would call in Jr. High for Jen and I would be mean to you on the phone...I still always liked you. You are such a good friend to everyone and a great example. Layne and your kids are so lucky to have you! This is cheezy, but since it is Sunday and I am sinning by blogging, I thought I would try and get some "good points" by sharing happy thoughts. And I meant every word I said. Thanks for the post.

Suzy Cummard said...

IS blogging bad on Sunday? Uhh ohh!! I could be in trouble.
I loved reading this. You have always been so cute & funny & STILL an inspiring person. Now, that kind of bugs *wink.
I needed to hear the part about being more worried about the inside, rather than the outside. Sometimes, I get so depressed about weight, or whatever & then I realize.. hmm, that could be satan workin on me, cause it works. (Between that and money)
THANKS KATIE LADY!

Jenny Grover said...

Katie your are way too cute!! You are such a great friend and person. I always have looked up to you! I am so glad I know you!! Love you!

P.S. Call me! Not just when you need ur hair done.

P.S. again... lets go see Tanna's baby together! Call me

Stoddard Studios said...

Cool survey. It was fun to read.

Julie Jan said...

Katie, you are the best! I am sure everyone would agree that you have helped them in someway or another. You are such a great example and thanks for sharing this. We all need a little spiritual uplifting every once in a while. Love ya!

Brad, Briene and Brayden said...

That was a awesome survey. I am so lucky to have you as a friend. You are awesome. Thanks for sharing that.

The Crandell Crew said...

I love your blog Katie! Thanks for checking out mine and leaving a little comment! Your family is so adorable and you look so happy! Yes, I am having a little girl myself any day now. It will be fun to put up pictures of my kids like you have!