Sunday, June 10, 2007

Layne's Creation

Our backyard is done,yeepee!!! No more DIRT! Layne & his friend Tyler(who builds vinyl swing sets) came up with this idea. Instead of having a rock slide they decided to build a slide off of the swing set. I have to admit, I was a little skeptical of the whole idea, but the water slide is soo much FUN!! We love having visitors, so come play!

Caleb trying to hold all of the pool toys.

Layne & Caleb going down the slide for the first time. I think Layne was more excited then Caleb-who didn't want to go down it at first. But, Layne used his bribery tactics(he told him he wouldn't have to take a nap) & down they went!

The boys splashing in the water, sorry this pictures isn't the best. Its the camera's fault right (wink, wink).
It was hilarious because Carter had these goggles on & would not take them off. Poor guy kept hitting his head on the table because they were an inch thick & he could barely see. I think he would have worn them all day if we would have let him!



My four handsome boys!!!

15 comments:

Steph said...

Katie- I am laughing SO hard about Carter's goggles. I think that they were stuck on him! He was trying to take them off and Scott asked me to help him and when we took the goggles off he had a huge indent all around his head! LOL!!!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

oooh my gosh. you don't know me but my lil boy has that same swim outfit as your baby boy!! SO CUTE! i think it's from sweetpea by costa vida?? cute family.

Suzy Cummard said...

They are such cute boys. That creation is quite creative! Is that just a side job for Layne? You should do some more posts about it! How fun!!

Missy said...

Katie, how cute are your boys in that last pic?!! And your backyard is so much fun, can we come play? My kids will babysit...and be loud and crazy, but that looks awesome!

amberbuck said...

girl...are you kidding me? we filled in our pool um....last winter and I still have a freakin' dirt back yard! Your yard looks so good, kudos to Layne! Now I'm gonna have to invite myself over to swim! FHE? How exciting!

Tim and Amy said...

that looks like SO much fun!!! the backyard looks GREAT!

hope you all are doing great!

Jessica said...

Katie- Your family is so cute and the backyard is so cool. That is a great idea for the slide. Do you have a friend that builds things like that. We were thinking of putting a swing set in our backyard, and might have to steel the idea of the slide going into the pool. I am glad I ran into you at the reception to. now we can keep intouch. Sorry so long

See it Try it Love it said...

What a great backyard, Layne is very creative. We just finished our backyard as well. Maybe I will post some pics. Course yours is a lot nicer.

Andrea said...

The boys are soo cute. I love the picture of Carter with his goggles!

Julie Jan said...

I love the backyard. How long did it take you guys to do? The pool looks spectacular and I love the slide. We might have to take you up on your offer and come over and swim!!

Linz said...

Katie, I cant believe how much Carter looks like Grant! Those Peterson genes run pretty strong, although I must say Caleb looks a HEAP like you! SUCH CUTE GUYS!!!

Terolleeq said...

Katie I think the Stauffer genes are pretty strong too. Enjoy the week. Give the boys a kiss from grandma see you soon love mom

Mindful Mothering said...

Katie, that is the perfect kiddo backyard! Very creative... were did you move to? Love the goggles!

Melis said...

Rob & I think this creation is just so dang cool, Katie! Props to Layne fo sho!!!

Anonymous said...

I have been dying to ask if there is a safety gate or anything between the slide and the playset... Can they go out and play on the playset w/out worrying about them falling down the slide etc... ? Thanks