Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Monterey Chicken

I love summer time....I'd better because we live in Az, right?? I love swimming, eating watermelon, & grilling....okay I don't grill as much as I wish we did...but when we do fire up the heat here is my favorite recipe to make. It is delicious...try it, you will love it!

Monterey Chicken

3 boneless chicken breasts, or 6 chicken tenders
1 green pepper, chopped
1/2 c mushrooms, chopped
1 c shredded cheese

Honey Mustard Sauce
1/2 c mayo
1 T honey
1 T mustard

Marinate chicken in 1/4 c soy sauce & 1 can of Sprite for a few hours to over night. Remove chicken and grill until juices run clear. Place a large piece of foil on grill, transfer chicken over to the foil & put them close together. Spread some sauce over each breast, cover with green pepper, mushrooms, and shredded cheese. Cook until cheese is melted. When serving place chicken on a small amount of sauce and top with bacon bits.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Yum, now I have your yummy chicken recipe! I miss my Calob, Carter, and Brody! Do you guys want to come over for lunch sometime or me and Loggie can come over there. Let us know.

Terolleeq said...

ummm I can taste it right now. Lets have a dinner party at your house Katie and have that chicken for dinner. Dad loved the indian hat and is going to wear it friday night for pack meeting. He was really excited. Tell George thank you!

Julie Jan said...

This sounds delicious! Matt loves chicken and I am always looking for new recipes.

Andrea said...

LOL, I was just sitting here looking at the recipe...I wonder if Steph realized that the sauce has mayo in it...I don't think she ever realized that since she hates mayo! We'll have to ask her! :0)

Steph said...

LOL- yes I knew it had mayo in it. I always try to get one with out a lot of sauce on it. I found out when mom was cooking it and it make me sick!YUCK!!! I HATE MAYO!!